Lavender essential oil is a versatile oil that makes wonderful lavender soap. It smells great on it's own as well as combined with other essential oils.
Lavender Essential Oil Properties
- Its botanical name is lavandula officinalis.
- Is often used for relieving depression, insomnia, headaches, nervous tension, pain and to disinfect the scalp and skin.
- It's said to kill germs, help acne, eczema & dandruff.
- Very useful as an insect repellent and to soothe insect bites and minor burns.
- Great for healing cuts, wounds and sun damaged skin.
Source : http://www.soap-making-essentials.com/lavender-essential-oil.html